A. Information we collect from you.
Our website will collect two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you, but that we automatically collect when you visit our website or provide to us.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: This includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mailing address, or phone number. In certain circumstances, we may request your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion, purchase or some other aspect of our website. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, mail/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when registering with our website, purchasing online, or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey; or (c) post a general comment and/or recommendation on our website. It is your choice whether to provide this information.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This includes any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personally identifiable information about you from information that you provide us. We also automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information from you when you access our website – e.g., IP addresses, your web browser, which website you were on before you visited our website, your computer operating system, the search terms you use on our website, the specific web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
B. How we may use and share the information.
(1) Personally Identifiable Information: The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to respond to your requests or inquiries, better serve you, or in other ways related to the reason for which you provided the information. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you promotional information for our products or events, or to communicate with you about content or other information you have posted or shared with us on our website. You may opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us, or direct that we not share your information with any one.
(2) Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We use non-personally identifiable information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personally identifiable information by itself or with information we have obtained from others.
C. Cookies and Preference-Based Advertising
(1) Cookies: We automatically receive and store certain types of non-personally identifiable information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many websites, we use “cookies” and “web beacons” (also called “clear gifs” or “pixel tags”) to obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses our website. “Cookies” are small files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive or your web browser memory to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide convenience and other features to you. “Web beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and may be used to track the online movements of users, when an email has been opened, and to provide other information.
A couple of important notes about this opt-out tool: (1) it includes all the advertising networks that KRā may work with, but also many that KRā does not work with; and (2) it typically relies on cookies to ensure that a given advertising network does not collect information about you (“Opt-out Cookies”).
D. Other uses.
(1) IP Addresses: An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers (computers that “serve up” web pages) automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our website, our servers typically log their IP addresses. IP addresses are considered non-personally identifiable information and may also be shared as provided above. It is not our practice to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable; that is, the visitor’s session will be logged, but the visitor remains anonymous to us. However, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our website rules or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our website’s users or the general public.
(2) Email Communications: If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. We may email you for many reasons, including, without limitation, emails in response to your request for a particular service or your registration for a feature that involves email communications, emails that relate to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), informational emails about our other products, services, or events, or when you consent to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others. You may “opt out” of receiving future promotional emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of most emails we send, or as provided below.
(3) Other: We always reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personally identifiable information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Web site, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our website’s users or the general public.
E. Public Forums
The features, programs, promotions and other aspects of our website requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us please contact us. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
G. Keeping your information secure
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information. In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you by e-mail (at our sole and absolute discretion) to the last e-mail address you have provided us in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances; provided, however, delays in notification may occur while we take necessary measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation. From time to time we evaluate new technology for protecting information, and when appropriate, we upgrade our information security systems.
H. Other sites/links
Our website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products referenced on our website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party websites.
I. Contact and opt-out information
K. Sole Statement